Helping you to use PLE effectively
Law for Life, the country’s most experienced provider of support and advice to the PLE community, offers a consultancy service to any organisation keen to develop it's public legal education work.
Our team consists of skilled and experienced staff and associates from across the PLE spectrum, bringing knowledge and expertise about how to think about, create, plan, implement and evaluate initiatives with energy and creativity.
Our team brings together the best possible blend of knowledge, experience, and understanding of public legal education to help you develop your own work in whatever ways best suit your needs.
Find out more about our associates.
How we can help
We have extensive experience of developing PLE initiatives in many different settings. Through our network we are also in touch with a wide range of practitioners and researchers so we are constantly learning from their experience and knowledge.
We can help you create a clearer direction for your work, linking it to your organisational goals and culture to ensure that it serves your wider needs. Sustainable and replicable PLE – which we can all learn from – will only emerge if that work is creative and well planned from the start.
In practical terms we can help with:
- Thinking through and planning how PLE can benefit your work
- Commissioning research into user needs
- Developing and planning PLE initiatives
- Auditing the skills and other resources needed to do it effectively
- Undertaking PLE work for you where required
- Ensuring quality in the development of your PLE work
- Evaluation including impact monitoring and reporting
- Involving users
Who we can support
- Law for Life network members
- Community groups
- Social enterprises
- Local authorities
- Central government and it's agencies
- Health organisations
Whatever you ask us to do, we can work alongside you to help you find the best ways forward. We can advise, we can develop and propose, we can implement and evaluate.
The decision about our role lies with you - we will give as much or as little support as you feel you need.
What it will cost
We offer a half day of consultancy on any PLE topic free of charge and with no strings attached.
After that we find it best to offer support based on what the initial consultancy, and our discussions bring to light. For example. Half a day can give you:
- A review of and advice on your ideas about PLE development
- First outline of your proposed initiative
- Advice on selecting the best evaluation methods
- Advice on involving your users
To discuss your needs and possible help we can offer contact Law for Life(firstname.lastname@example.org).